Benefits of membership to Le Comite include the society’s quarterly journal, le Raconteur, a discount on the purchase of other publications, and free admission to the society’s annual meeting.
Le Raconteur is published in March, June, September, and December. Each issue contains a variety of genealogical and historical articles dealing with topics from around Louisiana.
Le Comite purchases articles, manuscripts and other materials for the Louisiana State Archives.
The Louisiana State Archives also accepts donations and mail in research requests.
Here is a fee schedule for mail in requests.
Research Library Mail-In Research Request
Catholic Records $5.00 per name per three volume search
– Archdiocese of New Orleans Sacrament Records 1718 – 1829
– Diocese of Baton Rouge 1707 – 1898
– Southwest Louisiana Records 1750 – 1909 by Father Hebert
– South Louisiana Records 1794 – 1920
Confederate Pension Applications $15.00 per individual & application
Civil War Military Records $15.00 per individual
– Service Records of Confederate Soldiers from Louisiana
Federal Census Records $10.00 per name per year search
– Louisiana Only
– Years 1810-1880, 1900-1930
Passenger Ship List Index $10.00 per name per series search
– Index to Passenger List of vessels arriving at Atlantic & Gulf Coasts Ports: 1820-1874
– Index to Passenger List of vessels arriving in New Orleans: 1853-1952
Naturalization Index: 1831 – 1906 $5.00 per name search
– Issued in the State of Louisiana
National Cemetery Indexes $5.00 per name per cemetery search
– Louisiana Only
– Alexandria, Baton Rouge, Chalmette and Port Hudson National Cemeteries
WPA New Orleans Cemeteries Index $5.00 per name per cemetery search
– 1700’s – 1940’s
New Orleans City Directories $7.00 per name per three year search
– Years 1805-1861, 1866-1908, 1910-1933, 1935
(FEES CONTINUED ON BACK)
Baton Rouge City Directories $7.00 per name per three year search
– Years 1905-1906, 1908-1909, 1911, 1913-1916, 1918, 1922-1927, 1929, 1931-1934
Louisiana Voter Registration Lists $5.00 per name search
– 1898 & 1913
– Not all Parishes are listed
Colonial Documents* $15.00 per document search, per series of
– Avoyelles Parish Colonial Documents: 1786-1803
– Natchitoches Parish Civil Documents: 1723-1803
– St. Charles Parish Colonial Records: 1740-1803
– St. Landry Parish Clerk of Court Records: 1764-1803
– Opelousas Post Colonial Documents: 1766-1789
– Ascension Parish Conveyance Records: 1770-1803
– St. James Parish Colonial Records: 1782-1787
– St. John the Baptist Parish Original Acts: 1753-1798
* Colonial Documents Request must included name, type of records requested
and approximate date.
NOTE: Fees are for research and must be retained for both successful and
Damon Veach accepts queries of any length that have a Louisiana connection. His address and email: Damon Veach, Louisiana Ancestors, Sunday Advocate Magazine, P.O. Box
588, Baton Rouge, LA 70821 or e-mail to email@example.com.