Saturday Night Genealogy Fun from Genea-Musings, Randy Seaver
Here’s the challenge for tonight:
1) Take a digital picture of your Genealogy Space – whether it is a table, desk, bookcase, whatever. Take more than one if you want.
2) Show off your Genealogy Space to all of us in a blog post showing your digital pictures. If you aren’t blogging or don’t want to show us your pictures, go to 3) below without passing Go or collecting another ancestor.
3) Tell us something about your Genealogy Space. How long does it take you to find something? Are you thinking of reorganizing your space?
1) and 2) Well, I can’t take a digital photo of my space. I still buy those throw away cameras and it would take me about a week to get the film developed and online. I do have a scanner, but alas, since my last computer reformat, the scanner has not been loaded to this computer.
3) I love research. I love books. I love my notes. I keep them all in a composition book like the one above hidden inside a bookcase. Recently, I’ve had to buy another notebook. I organize my notes on my family tree and upload the pertinent information to the internet. I’m glad that my research is online as I have had two computer failures. I have to fight off toddlers with crayons who like to attack my notebooks occasionally. There are several pages torn from this particular notebook, but there are several pages with dated scribbles and hand tracings, too. I like to date my notes, but oftentimes, I do not date them. Usually, when I get a good genealogy lead, I record it both in the notebook and online. I can find something in about ten minutes, depending upon the distraction level around me…. the distractions usually involve meals, snacks, and sibling rivalry. I would love to reorganize my space! I share this family computer with one pre-teen, one teen and a toddler. My space suffers cereal bowls, spoons, tippee cups, and snack wrappers. I clean it up only to find that the next day, it needs cleaning again. Oh! Well!🙂