- Bossier Parish headstones : a complete inventory of all known cemeteries, family plots, and lone burials – Cardin, Clifton D. (Clifton Dale), 1957-
Call Number: LACOL F377.B6 C36 1997
- Briley’s memorial history & cemetery directory of Winn Parish, Louisiana – Briley, Richard.
Call Number: LACOL F377.W6 B7 1998
- Burial archaeology and osteology of Charity Hospital/Cypress Grove II Cementery New Orleans, Louisiana: report of investigations – Beavers, Richard C.
Call Number: LACOL F371 .B87 1993 V.1 & V.2
- Caddo Parish, Louisiana cemetery records – Friends of Genealogy (Shreveport, La.)
Call Number: LACOL F377 .C15 C33 2004 V. 1 & V. 2
- Cemeteries of central Lafourche Parish, La – Hebert, Traise W.
Call Number: LACOL F377 .L25 H43 1984
- Cemeteries of Houma, Louisiana: Terrebonne Parish – Terrebonne Genealogical Society.
Call Number: LACOL F379.H7 C45 1989 V.1
- Cemeteries of New Orleans : a journey through the cities of the dead – Arrigo, Jan, 1960-
Call Number: LACOL F379 .N562 A2 2005
- A cemetery in a church and other stories – McGuire, R. A.
Call Number: LACOL GT3211.N5 M3
- The cemetery as a cultural manifestation : Louisiana necrogeography – Nakagawa, Tadashi, 1957-
Call Number: LACOL GT3310.L8 N35
- “Cities of the dead”–New Orleans cemetery architecture – Gilbert, Janice Dee.
Call Number: LACOL NB1800.Z99 G56
- City of the dead: a journey through St. Louis Cemetery #1, New Orleans, Louisiana – Florence, Robert.
Call Number: LACOL F379.N562 S7356 1996
- Clasped hands: symbolism in New Orleans cemeteries – Huber, Leonard Victor, 1903-
Call Number: LACOL NB1856.N45 H83
- Concordia Parish cemetery records, 1786-1995 – Scott, Thelmarie.
Call Number: LACOL F377.C7 C66 1998
- The Confederate generals buried in Louisiana – Mundie, James A.
Call Number: LACOL E467 .M85 1987
- Consecrated ground: funerary art of New Orleans – Cook, Lisa L.
Call Number: LACOL NB1856 .N45 F55 1998
- Elysium: a gathering of souls: New Orleans cemeteries – Clark, Sandra Russell.
Call Number: LACOL F379.N562 A2 1997
- Final destinations : a travel guide for remarkable cemeteries in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Louisiana – Woolley, Bryan.
Call Number: LACOL F387 .F56 2000
- Final report for the Office of the Mayor, City of New Orleans – New Orleans (La.). Mayor’s Task Force on the Iberville-Cemeteries Area.
Call Number: LACOL HT177 .N49 N48 1982
- Ghost of stone [videorecording] – Buchtel, Jason R.
Call Number: VIDEO CASSETTE 00178
Documentary on Lafayette Cemetery No. 1, its history, preservation needs, and importance to the culture and community of New Orleans. Also features efforts of Save Our Cemeteries.
- To glorious immortality; the rise and fall of the Girod Street Cemetery, New Orleans’ first Protestant Cemetery, 1822-1957 – Huber, Leonard Victor, 1903-
Call Number: LACOL F379.N5 H8
- “Gone but not forgotten”: records from south Louisiana cemeteries – Conrad, Glenn R.
Call Number: LACOL F368 .C67 1983 V.1
- Great cemeteries of the world. Episode twenty, New Orleans [videorecording] – Purdy, Rick.
Call Number: VIDEO CASSETTE 00322
This 26 part series explores the residents, history, art and mystique of the most renowned cemeteries of the world. The intriguing history of the cemetery itself is the backdrop to the exploration of its most fascinating residents. Episode twenty features the burial sites of Marie Laveau in St. Louis #1 and Jefferson Davis in Metairie Cemetery.
- Haunter of ruins: the photography of Clarence John Laughlin – Laughlin, Clarence John.
Call Number: TR654 .L364 1997
- The history of the Catholic Cemetery in Natchitoches, Louisiana – Williams, Payne.
Call Number: LACOL F379 .N2 W53 2004
- History of St. Louis II Cemetery – compiled by Raphael Cassimere, Jr., … D. Clive Hardy, Joseph Logsdon [et.al.]
Call Number: LACOL F379.N5 C285
- An investigation into the ethnographic and historical significance of the Holt Cemetery – Branyon, Ian Christopher Morgan, 1965-
Call Number: LACOL THESIS 1998 .B73
- Lest we forget : a record of tombstone inscriptions : Red River Parish, Louisiana, and vicinity – Sealy, Gwen Bradford.
Call Number: LACOL F377.R32 S43 1983
- The mortuary architecture of Jacques Nicolas Bussiere de Pouilly – Masson, Ann M.
Call Number: LACOL NA6152.N4 M38 1992A
- The Natchitoches cemeteries : transcriptions of gravestones from the eighteenth, nineteenth, and twentieth centuries in northwest Louisiana – Prud’homme, Lucile Keator.
Call Number: LACOL F379.N3 P84
- National register evaluation of the Bayou Jean Louis Cemetery (16SM89), Atchafalaya Basin Project, St. Martin Parish, Louisiana – Maygarden, Benjamin.
Call Number: F371 .N373 1999
- Necrogeography : material cultural elements in modern Upland South cemeteries of Louisiana and Mississippi – McNeill, Gerald Thomas, 1950-
Call Number: LACOL THESIS 1998 .M346
- New Orleans architecture, Vol. III: The Cemeteries – Huber, Leonard
- New Orleans cemeteries – Brock, Eric J.
Call Number: LACOL F379.N562 A2 1999
- New Orleans cemeteries : life in the cities of the dead – Florence, Robert
Call Number: LACOL F379 .N562 A2 1997B
- Nostalgic notes on St. James: St. James Church and cemeteries, the old chapel, the old rectory, St. James Parish, Louisiana – Campbell, Marie McDowell Pilkington.
Call Number: LACOL F379.S134 C347 1977
- Odd fellows rest: an original play – Villarrubia, Jan.
Call Number: LACOL PS3572.I375 O3 1996
- In old New Orleans – Holditch, W. Kenneth.
Call Number: LACOL NX511.N39 I5 1983
New Orleans cemeteries / Peggy McDowell
- Out of sight, out of mind : a GIS study of changes in cemetery locations in southeastern Louisiana from an archaeological and geographical perspective, 1930-1997 – Nance, Cindy Ann.
Call Number: LACOL GT3210 .L8 N35 1999B
- Preserving New Orleans’ historic cemeteries – Cramer, Paul C.
Call Number: LACOL MASTERS REPORT 1998 .C72
- The Reposed – Greiner, William K.
Call Number: LACOL TR654 .G743 1999
- Sacred: New Orleans funerary grounds – Huston, Elizabeth
Call Number: LACOL NB1856 .N45 H88 2005
- Samuel Wilson, Jr. (1911-1993) [videorecording] – Wilson, Samuel, 1911-
Call Number: DVD 0033
Includes a walking tour of St. Louis Cemeteries I and II, 1986 (28:30)
- Sleeping by the bayous : a history of the cemeteries and tombstone inscriptions of the Houma, Louisiana, area including Gray, Schriever, Bayou Blue and Little Bayou Black – Robertson, Billie Earp.
Call Number: LACOL GT3211.H6 R63
- St. Bartholomew and St. Mary’s Cemeteries – Westbank Genealogy Society.
Call Number: LACOL F379 .N562 S728 2002
- The St. Louis Cemeteries of New Orleans, 5th ed. – Wilson, Samuel, 1911-
Call Number: LACOL NB1527.N4 W5 1968
- St. Philomena Catholic Church Cemetery, Assumption Parish, Labadieville, Louisiana – Cavalier, Essie Joseph.
Call Number: LACOL F379 .L14 C38 2002
- Jacob Schoen & Son Collection
Business records of a major mortuary in New Orleans
Consists of over 200 volumes of accounting books used to conduct their business, including journals, cash books, order books, and ledgers. Also contains some books relating to Schoen Realty & Investment Company, Hope Benevolent Association, Fire Company No. 10, and the Metropolitan Club.
- Magnolia Cemetery Collection
1 bound volume of minutes of the Board of Directors, and 1 folder of correspondences; also included are clippings, contractor bids, and miscellany. Inclusive dates: January 1866 – March 1913
- Save Our Cemeteries Collection
Records produced and/or accumulated by Save Our Cemeteries, Inc., and organization dedicated to the preservation of New Orleans cemeteries; includes records of joint meetings with St. Louis Cemeteries Preservation Committee, an organization sponsored by the Catholic Archdiocese of New Orleans. Consists of photocopies of minutes, reports, memoranda, clippings, and miscellany. Inclusive dates: 1923, 1977 – 1978
- Weiblen Memorials Collection, Addendum 1
Records of a marble and granite business, consisting mainly of advertising catalogs. Inclusive dates: ca. 1900-1972
This entry was posted in Louisiana Cemeteries News
. Bookmark the permalink