Saint Peters street cemetery was established in 1725. It was no longer in use by 1788 and was full. – http://www.cml.upenn.edu/nola/14history/L2historypgsitehis.html This website give a great history.
The Great Fire of 1788 in New Orleans – This Google Book translates the Governor’s letter written to The King of Spain concerning the fire which destroyed much of the city.
This 1905 title by HENRY C. CASTLELLANOS also describes an excavation of interred “sainted friar” – Pere Antoine – from the foot of the alter of St. Francis to Basin Street. Pere Antione died in 1829. The publisher of this title, L. Graham & Sons, Ltd. resided on 99 to 108 Gravier Street, New Orleans, Louisiana in 1893. This publisher moved to 207-211 Baronne Street by 1896. It is in this title that Pere Antione records Louisiana into statehood.